Just another tipical New Year questionnaire
It’s not New year exactly right now but, dude, we’re so close. And I’ll be probably be busy greeting everyone at everywhere this Xmas/New Year season [more greetings than in a regular season, this year.] then, better start with this thing early.
So, dear my stalker friend; if you missed something important of my lifetime during this year, this is the time to get up-to-date.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think so; I kept my resolutions because those were set in general terms. I don’t plan too much around life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Probably more friends from school. I know one that is about to. So happy for her, btw.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yep, but she’s an angel now for sure.
5. What countries did you visit?
Uhm let’s see… I’ve been in Peru, then moved to Peru and also been in Peru and Peru for a while; but definetely the place I loved the most was Peru this year, I think I should visit it more often. Ha, yeah, this is one of my next year’s resolutions, I’ll see more places next year. Deal.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More quality time for myself. Meditation? Long walks & self conversations? Probably. Time for writing songs? Definetely.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
It ought to be November 10th. The AELU’s Matsuri this year has been very special.
maybe is ok to mention the Ancafé concert too. You don’t take pictures with J-rockers all the time. It was really fun to see them even when it’s been more than 5 years since I was a fan of them.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’ve reached many unexpected achievements this year, personally and professionally talking. IT does NOT mean they were made with no effort but all the opposite! The good things are enjoyed the most when they cost higher than you think at the beginning.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think it’s every year’s same answer: to trust in people too much, probably.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It’s been a year without asthma. Congrats, me!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new fotographic camera, all those Monkey Majik cd’s, and 2 tv’s for home.
12. Where did most of your money go?
To pay credit cards (a.k.a. food, clothes, music, concerts, more food, more music, family, etc)
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dancing Eisa with RKMD. Being parto of RKMD. I have to confess it is more exiting than I expected from the beginning.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Hidekatsu’s ミルクムナリ (Miruku Munari), Blaise Plant’s Spaceman, Monkey Majik’s Angel, 魔法の言葉 and UFO, Straightener’s MAGIC WORDS and Play the star Guitar, SSPU’s Common Reactor & Growing old is getting old, Tegan and Sara’s Call it off, Yui’s Tokyo and Takahashi Yuu’s Fuku Warai.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both. Happier ’cause it’s a new start clearly on 2013 and sad also because the same reason. I’m gonna miss home for sure.
b) thinner or fatter? I think I’ve kept the same shape (I guess I still have a shape.)
c) richer or poorer? About the same. Bigger money, bigger expenses.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More Eisa. More guitar playing. More time for friends. More time for myself.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Paying attention to others. Eating less (ok, no.)
18. How did you spend Christmas?
No XMas yet. I’ve decided that mom will decide where.
19. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Let’s say I’ve been so close.
20. What was your favourite TV programme?
The walking dead, for sure.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My black list still the same.
22. What was the best book you read?
I still keeping Steven Saville’s Heritage as my favourite.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Silver sun pick ups, Tegan and Sara, 高橋優, スキマスイッチ and Susanne Sundford.
24. What did you want and get?
CDs, new TV, making new friends, being part of RKMD
25. What did you want and not get?
Being loved and love back.
26. What was your favourite film of this year?
Avengers, could be?
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 27, family and friends were close. That’s the most important thing.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
soft-hipster maybe. I hate labels btw.
30. What kept you sane?
Friends. True friends.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Blaise Plant. And I’ll keep fancying for so long.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m not a political believer. I’ve said that many times.
33. Who did you miss?
Every single person I’ve missed through this year already konws it. I dont have to mention them again. Just to recall: I really meant it when saying I miss you.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I can not give a tittle this year. I’m proud to say I’ve met good people this year and I feel thankful for that.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012
“If it doesn’t hurt, it’s useless”
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
“運命って待ってくれないんだな” [“Destiny does not wait”] – Sukima Switch/Icecreamsyndrome