2013 in a nutshell
Another year is gone, but not just a common one. 2013 brought me a lot of stuff and brought me through even more I expected.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Travel the world.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think i didn’t promised myself to do things… I have been open to the living abroad experience, I think that counts.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not in 2013.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thanks God, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Norway, Italy, Spain and The United States. [*whoohoo!]
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I see I had wat I wanted for 2013 during the whole year and that makes me happy. Now I would like to have more time to spend with the person I love. That’s all.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
This year memories are so different than the past years. The fisrt month living alone, the whole European summer including the holidays in Rome and Pisa, that afternoon jumping the waves at the Mediterranean Sea in Torre Molinos… and at last but MOST IMPORTANT, the time spent along with my love during winter holidays.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think the whole idea of living abroad by my own, learning a new language and becoming more independant has been it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not that I have been perfect this year… I think I have been more aware of the mistakes before screwing it up completely. Lucky me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, but I might consider menstrual cramps during some seasons.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Not easy to define. Seriously, everything is expensive in Norway.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being able to visiting my boyfriend and share all that time with him and his family.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Sorry, you would just have to look upon my Spotify playlists… so many.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, I guess [*whoohoo again!]
c) richer or poorer? not an extra dime, not one less. Just the same.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Forgetting about taking the trash out. [*eww.]
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Longest Xmas ever. YOu celebrate the 24th, 25th and 26th in Norway. I was sleeping most of the day and stayed awake at nights. Dinner at a couple of friends house, then coming back and talking to family and boyfriend back at home.
19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
20. What was your favourite TV programme?
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I am hating less lately.
22. What was the best book you read?
Never let me go / Keira Knightley
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Scandinavian bands, and some other indie ones. Nothing really extraordinary as a band but cool songs.
24. What did you want and get?
Love and being loved.
25. What did you want and not get?
Tavel more, yes, more.
26. What was your favourite film of this year?
Thor 2 if we talk about new ones.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 28, had a peruvian dinner wth the other guys from the exchange.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It has been a very satsfying one, I casn just feel thankful for it. Couldnt ask for anything bigger.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I have been an onion. It has been all about layers this year.
30. What kept you sane?
Friends. Family. Faith in love.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Even though some people would think of David Tennant or Tom Hiddelston, I think Matt Smith won.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m not a political believer. I’ve said that many times. And I keep saying it.
33. Who did you miss?
My other half.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I get to know more the person I am in love with – that was part of falling in love for sure.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
“See Heaven’s got a plan for you… don’t you worry child.”